|A view from inside|
|The gap at the end|
|A view of the trusses the wood on the top of them is temporary bracing.|
|What we achieved in six hours|
The block layers came back on 28th Nov to finish off the gables at each end of the house.
|The roofer had put a piece of timber as a guide for the block layer.|
|The view from the North-West corner.|
On the 30th Nov. the block layers finished on site and took away most of their scaffolding, tools and the beloved telehoist which, as a tool in building the house, has been invaluable. I'll miss it very much as I have said to many people if they win the lottery and are feeling generous please buy me one!!!
Adam and Deen came to help clean up the interior of the house. We took all the spare blocks, pieces of timber and insulation and gave it a good clean.
|The inside looking much cleaner|
After the top of gables where finished we have had to put up some shuttering and finish them properly with concrete.
|Michael adding the temp. shuttering for the top of the gable walls|
|After the concrete was added the insulation that was used as shuttering as will be cut off level with the wall|
On the 7th Dec. we started measuring up for the vapour membrane to be added to the roof. Before then all the bottom section of the roof was given a coat of wood preservative.
|Adding the preservative|
|Measuring for the vapour barrier|
|The vapour barrier|
|The 50mm counter battens then the slate battens|
|Adding the slate battens|
|The slates are on site.|
The battens that the slates are fixed on to took a while to set up because these make a very big difference to how easy it will be to fix the slates on to and the final look of the roof.
|The first slates on the roof on the 12th Dec.|
|The South side roof is done first.|
|A view from the North West corner.|